Ontario has established an advisory group to assist the government in the development and implementation of a Construction Health and Safety Action Plan.
As set out in the Ministry of Labour 2014-15 mandate letter, the Action Plan will strengthen workplace injury and illness prevention for construction workers across the province.
The members of the advisory group – which include an equal number of labour and employer representatives — will work with Parliamentary Assistant Mike Colle and the province’s Chief Prevention Officer on finding best ways to:
- Increase the commitment to health and safety in construction workplaces
- Enhance training for workers in the construction sector
- Work with other enforcement authorities and municipalities to improve safety
- Build an awareness about construction health and safety among young people
- Encourage effective supervision of construction workers
- Ensure legislation and regulations are better understood by the construction sector
- Ensure effective consumer outreach strategies
View archived webcast: