MediaEvents.ca is a trade name of and is operated by 304316 Ontario Limited.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access or use any of our services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by 304316 Ontario Limited, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
Our Services are not directed to children younger than 13, and access and use of our Services is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not register to use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Use of our Services requires a MediaEvents.ca account. You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- Your MediaEvents.ca Account . If you create an account on MediaEvents.ca, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must immediately notify 304316 Ontario Limited of any unauthorized uses of your account, or any other breaches of security. 304316 Ontario Limited will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate an account, comment on a post, post material to MediaEvents.ca, post links on MediaEvents.ca, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By using MediaEvents.ca, you represent and warrant that your Content and conduct do not violate these terms or the User Guidelines. By submitting Content to 304316 Ontario Limited for inclusion in yourposts, you grant 304316 Ontario Limited a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your post. This license allows 304316 Ontario Limited to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by 304316 Ontario Limited You also give other MediaEvents.ca users permission to share your Content in other MediaEvents.ca posts and add their own Content to it (aka to reblog your Content), so long as they use only a portion of your post and they give you credit as the original author by linking back to your website. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, 304316 Ontario Limited has the right (though not the obligation) to, in 304316 Ontario Limited’s sole discretion, (i) refuse or remove any content that, in 304316 Ontario Limited’s reasonable opinion, violates any 304316 Ontario Limited policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of MediaEvents.ca to any individual or entity for any reason. 304316 Ontario Limited will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Advertisements. 304316 Ontario Limited reserves the right to display advertisements on your posts unless you have purchased an Ad-free Upgrade or a VIP Service account.
- Attribution. 304316 Ontario Limited reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Blog at MediaEvents.ca,’ theme author, and font attribution in your blog footer or toolbar. Footer credits and the MediaEvents.ca toolbar may not be altered or removed regardless of upgrades purchased.
- Payment and Renewal.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify 304316 Ontario Limited before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Upgrades section of your website’s dashboard.
- Automatic Renewal.
2. Responsibility of Visitors.
304316 Ontario Limited has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, 304316 Ontario Limited does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. 304316 Ontario Limited disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which MediaEvents.ca links, and that link to MediaEvents.ca. 304316 Ontario Limited does not have any control over those non-MediaEvents.ca websites, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-MediaEvents.ca website, 304316 Ontario Limited does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. 304316 Ontario Limited disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-MediaEvents.ca websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
As 304316 Ontario Limited asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by MediaEvents.ca violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify 304316 Ontario Limited. 304316 Ontario Limited will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. 304316 Ontario Limited will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of 304316 Ontario Limited or others. In the case of such termination, 304316 Ontario Limited will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to 304316 Ontario Limited.
5. Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from 304316 Ontario Limited to you any 304316 Ontario Limited or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with 304316 Ontario Limited. 304316 Ontario Limited, MediaEvents, MediaEvents.ca, the MediaEvents.ca logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with MediaEvents.ca or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of 304316 Ontario Limited or 304316 Ontario Limited’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any 304316 Ontario Limited or third-party trademarks.
We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
304316 Ontario Limited may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your MediaEvents.ca account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties.
Our Services are provided “as is.” 304316 Ontario Limited and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither 304316 Ontario Limited nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
9. Limitation of Liability.
In no event will 304316 Ontario Limited, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to 304316 Ontario Limited under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. 304316 Ontario Limited shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
10. General Representation and Warranty.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless 304316 Ontario Limited, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between 304316 Ontario Limited and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of 304316 Ontario Limited, or by the posting by 304316 Ontario Limited of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of our Services will be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario, Canada, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the province and federal courts located in Toronto, Ontario. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Toronto,Ontario, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; 304316 Ontario Limited may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.